Director of Activities / Programs - Northwest Place
The anticipated salary is $44,000 - 46,500 per year
For over 30 years, Senior Resource Group-SRG has been an innovator in the development and operation of senior living communities across the USA. Our experience and passion has helped us win many awards for innovative community design, excellent service and exceptional care.
The ideal candidate will have infectious enthusiasm, a go-getter attitude, and the intelligence and desire to grow in a rewarding career. You’d be a jack-of-all-trades, take-it-as-it-comes outgoing leader designing and executing activities that make a true impact in the quality of our resident’s lives…. And with that, you must have superb communication skills, be impeccably reliable, and able to meet deadlines – even in the face of ever-shifting priorities!
We are a lively, vibrant, fast-paced, relentlessly innovative company with huge passion and energy. Is that what you’re looking for?
- Life Enrichment – Ensure our residents recognize personal satisfaction and enrichment through designing and implementing innovative and creative activities, programs, outings and other events.
- Communications –Develop newsletter content, flyers, activity calendars, one-pagers, and other collateral material that support resident/family/staff awareness and engagement. Collaborate with other Department Heads to ensure full visibility of programming.
- Event Planning – Develop, proactively plan and implement creative activities, outings and programs that enrich our resident’s lives.
- Management – Control costs, manage the activities budget, manage and inspire the activities team
- Social Connectivity – Promote participation in activities and help foster social connectedness between residents. Gather feedback from residents concerning activities and adjust programs to best meet the resident's needs. Involve family members and guests in activities/programs whenever possible.
- Autonomy- Works under general supervision but functions well.
- EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION- (e.g. face-to-face, in-person, phone) – You will be working with a variety of people and departments, so it’s critical that you enjoy interacting with others on a daily basis and are comfortable speaking in front of small groups.
- DETAIL ORIENTED – It’s the little things that count!
- SELF-DIRECTED – Must be able to take a project, run with it, and (ideally) exceed expectations by anticipating needs
- CREATIVITY – We’re outside-the-box thinkers around here.
- MALLEABILITY– We move FAST. Things change, we adapt, and we propel ourselves forward.
- ORGANIZATION – We juggle a bazillion balls and wear a lot of hats (No, we don’t moonlight as clowns, but you’ll need to stay organized to play well on this team)
- Valid Drivers license
- (A bonus) Experience in fitness-teaching or participation in group classes.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Senior Resource Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and we prohibit harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, including but not to limited, respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Completing an application does not guarantee that you will be offered a position.
Note to Applicants: Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of Senior Resource Group unless designated smoking areas have been established by a particular office in accordance with applicable state and local law.
Unlocking New Horizons: Your Journey to a Fulfilling Career in Senior Living with SRG Are you a dedicated educator, considering a change that aligns with your passion for making a difference? If
Sustainability at the Heart: Nurturing a Greener Tomorrow at SRG At SRG, we believe in the profound impact that sustainable practices can have on our communities and the world at large. As stew
Embrace Change in the New Year: Your Guide to a Fulfilling Career Transition As we usher in a new year, the promise of fresh beginnings and exciting opportunities beckons. If you find yourself c